Bushwalking Adventures Queensland
Bushwalking Adventures Qld Inc. (formerly known as YHA Bushwalkers Qld Inc.) is a Brisbane-based bushwalking club that has its roots in the international Youth Hostel movement originally set up to “encourage young people of limited means to a greater knowledge and understanding of the countryside”.
When YHA Queensland was established in 1962 its main activity was bushwalking. We were affiliated with YHA Australia for many years, but our club has since become a separate incorporated body and now our new name reflects this. We have always called ourselves "The Bushies" and this hasn't changed.
We are a friendly group of people from diverse backgrounds, but we share a love for the great outdoors and, especially, our natural environment. We provide trips for the adventurous as well as for those who prefer to take in the delights of their surroundings at an easier pace.
Some of the benefits in joining our club are that:
- You experience new places to walk and explore
- Our walking activities build fitness and endurance
- We conduct training in first aid, abseiling, navigation and leadership skills
- You make new friends with similar interests
- You have opportunities to participate in interstate and overseas walking trips organised by our club and international clubs
Where we go:
- Our half day and full day activities explore local areas, National Parks and nature reserves throughout SE Queensland
- Our overnight trips include Queensland and northern NSW areas of interest
- Long weekend trips include places further afield, such as Carnarvon National Park (near Roma) or New England and Gibraltar National Parks (near Armidale NSW)
- On extended trips we may do the Great Walks such as the Larapinta Trail (NT) or the Overland Track (TAS)
- Our overseas trips have included the Italian Dolomites, Machu Picchu, Washington State, Saxony, as well as several trips to New Zealand.
Since 1999 our club has participated in international exchanges where the overseas club plans the intinerary, arranges accommodation and provides leaders for hikes and places of interest. In return, we have hosted and arranged a number of programmes for international guests around SE Queensland.
Bushwalking Adventures Queensland is a member of Bushwalking Queensland - the peak body that represents the interests of bushwalkers in Queensland.
Some of our members take part in the activities of Federation Mountain Rescue an organisation that provides specialist training for bushwalkers in areas such as first aid, safety, and abseiling.
|New Members Officer
As provided by Model Rule 42 of Bushwalking Adventures Qld Inc., hereinafter called “the club”, these are the by-laws of the club.
The by-laws are to be read in conjunction with the Model Rules of the club, hereinafter called the “rules”.
Ref: Schedule 4 of the Associations Incorporation Regulation 1999 (current as at 3 November 2022).