1. How to join
First Step - Become an associate member
Associate membership for The Bushies is available for anyone over 18 who would like to “try us out”. Associate membership costs $15.00 and is valid for three walks within a six month period. This ensures that you are covered by the club’s insurance for all activities. When you have participated in three walks within the introductory period you will need to pay full club membership which is $20.00 per year (September to August), or by pro rata for the first year depending on when you join.
To become an associate member you need to:
- Register Online here
- Fill out and sign our Acknowledgement of Risk Form for Associate Members and give it to the trip leader on your first walk or to the New Members Officer. Alternatively you can scan and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure there is one form per person.
- Pay the $15.00 associate membership fee at a club night in cash or deposit directly into the club's bank account or pay cash to the trip leader on your first walk. Bank details below.
Once these actions are completed you will:
- Receive instructions on how to get membership website access when you contact the New Members Officer email@example.com. Once your account has been activated you will be able to log in: go to Account > Sign In and enter your Username or Email address. The first time you log in you need to click "Forgot Your Password?". Go to your email inbox and follow the instructions to create a password.
- Be able to manage your profile AND nominate online to participate in club activities.
Second Step: Become a full/ordinary member of the club
You are eligible to become a full member of the club when:
- You complete three walks within 6 months of joining as an associate member.
- Your full membership is approved by the club's committee.
- You sign our Acknowledgement of Risk Form for Ordinary Members. Scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form and hand it in at a club night.
- You pay the pro rata fee (if applicable) in cash at a club night or deposit directly into the club's bank account.
Reference: Your surname and first name
Please be sure to read our New Members guide.