|An invitation to join the 2021 Kozi Challenge 22 km hike and support a worthy cause.||
Tuesday, 20 July, 2021
|Peaks to Points Festival 17 July - 1 August 2021||
Wednesday, 14 July, 2021
|Queensland border update - link regularly UPDATED||
Monday, 12 July, 2021
|Restrictions Update - Queensland Government. Link regularly UPDATED||
Saturday, 3 July, 2021
|Qld and NSW National Parks alerts, closures and more||
Monday, 5 April, 2021
New club night venue and week night changes for 2021 - now on 1st Tuesday of the month.
The next Bushies club night will take place at 7:30pm on Tue 3rd August 2021.
Club Night 7.30pm
Please join us at Holland Park Library Meeting Room, 81 Seville Road, Holland Park (Map).
Please check the Walks Calendar regularly for activities that are going ahead
New activities are added regularly - mostly based in Queensland at this stage. Leaders may state number limits to suit the conditions and COVID-19 requirements.
Welcome to Bushwalking Adventures Queensland Inc.
We are a Brisbane based bushwalking club offering a variety of activities, mainly in South-east Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Club Nights are on the first Tuesday of each month, with the exception of January, at Holland Park Library Meeting Room, 81 Seville Road, Holland Park commencing at 7:30pm.
Visitors are most welcome to attend club nights, meet our members, and find out how to nominate for club activities. A New Members Officer will also brief newcomers on how the club operates, and how to be prepared for your first outing with us.
For more information go to:
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Bushwalking Adventures Qld Inc. (BAQ) Meetings and Outings COVID Safe Plans and Arrangements
- BAQ club nights will be held at the Holland Park Library meeting room (or any similar venue) under that venue’s approved COVID Safe Plan. The COVID-19 Safe Plan for Brisbane City Council Libraries has been viewed by the BAQ committee and will be complied with. In brief:
- No one is to enter the library meeting room if feeling sick
- A QR code record of contact details of attendees is required upon arrival
- Social distancing of 1 person per 2 square metres, 1.5 m apart to be maintained
- Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- BAQ outdoor activities as described on our website will proceed covered by the COVID Safe Plan for Outdoor Recreation Activity Providers which has been formally adopted by the BAQ committee.
This Plan requires us to maintain a register of dates, attendance and contact details for all participants on club outings. In the case of BAQ, this requirement is met through the registration system on our website. Appendix 3 of the Plan provides a checklist to be followed for each activity. Some items on the checklist are not applicable and so a summary of the key requirements and responsibilities for leaders and participants on club trips is available below. Please read and comply with these restrictions so that we can all enjoy club outings safely.
Key requirements and responsibilities for leaders/ participants on club trips
- All participants in higher risk categories should refer to the Queensland Health website and consider their own personal situation before deciding to attend any club activities including meetings, socials or outdoor activities. Higher risk categories include:
- People aged 70 years and over
- People aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- People with compromised immune systems
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years and over
- Participants must not commence any activity if they answer yes to any of the four COVID Safe Screening Questions:
- In the last 14 days have you travelled from overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who is positive for COVID-19?
- Are you an active COVID-19 case?
- Are you currently unwell or have you recently experienced cough, fever, sore throat or trouble breathing?
- The trip leader (or delegate) will be appointed as a COVID-safe co-ordinator for the outing. The co-ordinator must ensure that everyone is registered and is aware of the importance of maintaining social distancing and hygiene practices
- All participants are responsible for providing their own hand sanitiser/masks when on club outings
- If anyone develops symptoms during the outing, they must self-isolate and seek medical advice as soon as possible
- Maintain social distancing at all times (for participants who do not share the same house) – at least 1.5m
- Regularly apply hand-sanitiser (60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the active ingredient) or wash hands regularly (use soap and water for 20 seconds and dry with clean paper towel ( no communal towels allowed)
- When participants socialise for morning tea/ lunch breaks, food and drink must not be shared
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, elbow or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- In situations where participants cannot realistically practice social distancing the Chief Health Officer recommends the wearing of masks
- Car pooling on trips is not recommended however this is a matter for individual discretion - the use of masks should be considered